The South Wales Construction Safety Group’s next meeting is on Tuesday 12 June, 2018, at Taffs Well RFC. The meeting will commence at 4pm.
This month’s talk will presented by Paul Williams of Oakdale Training and Assessment Academy.
Paul will cover Safe Work in Confined Spaces and what training would be expected for employers to provide to Management, Supervisors and Workers.
There are various risk categories and Paul will outline the requirements for confined space situations such as:
- Basements and low risk areas
- Entry into manholes, pumping wells etc, where there is a likely intrinsic risk of oxygen depletion or toxicity.
- Entry into “hostile environments” where the atmosphere is oxygen deficient or the ‘air’ toxic.
- Confined Space Rescue Planning and First Aid requirements
- Training for workers who are medically unfit to enter the space, but can act as ‘top man’
Please feel free to bring along colleagues, Managers, Supervisors, sub-contractors or anyone who may benefit from attending. This event is free of charge.
This meeting is open to Members and non-Members.